1. What do you enjoy most about your role at Vintage?
The breadth and depth of relationships with other funds and companies worldwide allow me to drive change in the topics I care most about- Climate and Healthcare.
2. What is the biggest hype at the moment in your view, and why?
Climate, because the problems are huge and urgent, there are very supportive tailwinds (e.g., regulation, funding, awareness), and the best founders are going there.
3. What’s a lesson you learned the hard way?
Don’t compromise on team.
4. What advice would you give to aspiring investors?
Do a lot of reading and listening. Knowledge is the most important asset.
5. What advice can you give to people looking to improve their time efficiency?
Set up a weekly recurring event of 3-4 hours in which you don’t take any meetings/calls but spend time on tasks that require concentration. I call it “time to think” and have it on my calendar every Sunday between 9-1 PM.
6. Is there a quote, mantra, or message you live by and resonate with?
“We don’t inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.”
7. What is the one item you can’t live without?
My mountain bicycles.
8. What is a book you would recommend?
“Siddhartha” by Hermann Hesse.
9. What piece of advice would you give yourself when you started your career?
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
What is the best part of being an investor?
Every piece of knowledge you gather, and every person you meet make you a better investor.